I suggest you ...

Organizer -- Enable different sizes of thumbnails

I would like to be able to adjust from smaller to larger (via a slider control?) the size of the thumbnails in Organize. Now I have to constantly double-click to open a photo to see it, then close it.

142 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tom Payne shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ralph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From the many comments, its very obvious to Smugmug that the need is there. For me, its a reason I try to organize before sending them to the site. But today, I wrongly added more photos to an existing gallery and cannot see the photos clearly enough to know which ones they are supposed to replace. It would be a nice customer service gesture if they responded. Either with a good reason its not possible--or they are working on it. Zooming does little good when its only on of two similar photos and you can only see one at a time. The slider idea is good or give us three size choices

• labro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hallo,
        i'd like to have a new organizer with :
        - a size slider to see bigger thumbnails. no need to open images to see a bigger version anymore
        - a icon "add info" to see the size of the image... very often i don't know if it is a 1500 or 960px size,... and opening images is tedious
        - a simple square to put the focus point on face instead of middle for square thumbnails. no need to open images to do that. just a simple drag of the yellow square to the top of portrait photo. if we need cropping,... ok to edit but in most cases not needed
        - more menus to move, duplicate,... again no need to open images to do things.

understand that in an album "animals" you have perhaps 10-20 images, same for "fashion",... and organizer could be much more efficient working that way.
        today organizer is really heavy and tedious to use

best regards
        marc

• Michael Johns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have......especially, now, as tablet and other portable computer screens are getting smaller and smaller.....

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely, we need to be able to enlarge thumbnails to make editing easier. Current system is clumsy & makes it nearly impossible to organize an album with hundreds of photos.

• labro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hallo,
        can you please improve the organizer with most of the functions available as soon as we open a gallery.
        we should have a slider to see big thumbnails, activate more infos below image like size,...
        have possibility to see exif, copy to another gallery... without needing to open each image to access another menu,...

it would be nice to add a focal point we can set on a face in order not to have cut head with square thumbnails and possibility to store that focus.
        currently we need to open image, change window on face,... and when we come back to fine tune position it is lost

i find smugmug environment very heavy to use

best regards
        marc

The suggestions for larger sized thumbnails and/or a checkbox to select images in the larger view for batch deletion has been mentioned for a while. Has there been any response from Smugmug? These suggestions have been for a while, and it is difficult to rifle through thousands of images in a gallery in which the thumbnail is too small and deleting large images one by one is not practical... Please address??

I agree. I have 1000 photos uploaded to Flickr, would like to choose from them to make a slideshow but it's a major pain to do so since the thumbnails are so small. Going to try something other than Flickr for now.

• Dave Graubart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Either S/M/L, or a slider. Too small now to make judgments about which ones to keep and which ones to delete, and going into full single-frame lightbox view is too much trouble and deleting picture there doesn't work very well.

This is a serious pain point and makes it difficult to organize photos.

I think I even watched a SmugMug tutorial where the person instructed watchers to user the browser's zoom function - this is a really poor option.

Please implement this soon!

Dec 4-2016
        When organizing a gallery, I would like the option to make the thumbnail images larger. currently there is only: aspect ratio and square. would be nice to make them larger

• marion dobbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't tell how old these comments are, but today (23 Sep 2016) I am requesting larger thumbnail size option in organizer. I often cannot tell what I'm selecting now the images are so tiny. I can enlarge them by using my computer's text zoom option, but then they are blurry, so that is not very helpful!

• DeNoise Studio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I am painfully doing now is selecting the photos in Windows with big thumbnails and re-uploading them to a sample gallery instead of collecting them, huge waste of storage space for SM

• Bill Huffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really valuable..... maybe just the ability to click on the photo when it's large or full-screen and change the select status.

• Bill Huffman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to suggest a way of doing what I think folks are asking for here. We can already double-click on a thumbnail in Organize and get a large picture (even to full screen). There are already arrows at right and left for advancing through the photos visible in Organize. There are already some choices at the bottom of the page (for large and for full screen). All we need is an icon or word somewhere in the bar at the bottom that allows us to "Select" or "Deselect" the photo from this position.

Then we can cycle through all the pictures as large or full-screen and make our selections with excellent visibility of the photos.

I also often find that it's very difficult to see which picture I want to select because so much is invisible at this size.

• Ross Andrews commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like this feature. I can't really see the photos themselves very well as the thumbnails are way too small.

• JonathanT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very difficult to reposition photos for manual positioning for this old man. Having the ability to increase the thumbnail size will definitely decrease my eye strain.

Thanks.

• carter smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i completely agree - it's impossible to distinguish image details in the organize page…..

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base