I suggest you ...

Build a photo uploader into your iPad app

On my ipad I have lots of photo tools and I want to post directly to my smugmug gallery but there is no way to do it. Please build a photo browser / uploader into the smugmug app so I can edit photos on my iPad and upload them to my smugmug gallery

339 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ktb53ktb53 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    J. SchiefferJ. Schieffer shared a merged idea: give us an app (I would even pay) that lets us upload photos from the ipad directly to our smugmug galleries.  ·   · 
    Judy kaucherJudy kaucher shared a merged idea: Provide the ability to select and upload multiple photos from iPad.  ·   · 
    Betty WillsBetty Wills shared a merged idea: Hii rez uploader/importer for iPad.  ·   · 
    Steven CarrSteven Carr shared a merged idea: iPad photo download App  ·   · 
    Jackie JaspersonJackie Jasperson shared a merged idea: Create an app to upload from iPad!  ·   · 
    Daniel HaackDaniel Haack shared a merged idea: Add Upload to the SmugMug iPad App  ·   · 

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or somehow put Smugmug as one of the share options from the iOS photo gallery (like Twitter and Facebook).

It works for me now but I still have to tap each picture indivually first...I need to be able to import an entire album and don't want to have to tap 300 times to get it done! Where's the "select all" option?

You need an app just like flickstackr. it supports flickr px500 etc but not smugmug.

• OnlineOnline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Camera awesome DOES NOT appear to enable the user to upload any photos to their account except those taken by Camera Awesome. This i no way is a substitute for the lack of upload functionality in the SmugMug app. Why has this not been addressed. This is probably the single most important feature and after 2 years has still not been available. Come on SM!

I am surprised that Smugmug is lacking in this area given the popularity of the iPad /iPhone. There are times that I load photo files from my camera to my iPad and proces them using snap seed or other iPad based programs. Not being able to upload these photos to my smugmug accout is not acceptable. Please address this ASAP or I believe you run the risk of losing market share.

• J. SchiefferJ. Schieffer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The PhotoSynch works quite well, though doesn't let you create an upload gallery on the fly (as far as I can see). You have to flick right to get to the smugmug option (if you only only dropbox when you hit the sync button). But prefer to use a smugmug app! Let's go guys.

• EricEric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Justy wanted to know if there was any kind of status on getting this update active? As others have mentioned it is imperative that we have a way to upload photos from the Ipad...

• js.stanleyjs.stanley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can I do this from the Android app on my phone but not from the iPad, which is far more suited to the task of sorting and editing photos? When I travel now I only take my iPad and the lack of upload to my account is a serious issue. I've been with Smugmug for many years but the world is moving on and this is the type of thing that makes me consider other options.

• MurmurmelMurmurmel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with other users-it's completely frustrating to have NO way to upload from my iPad. I too travel with my iPad & could REALLY use the functionality to upload on the go until I'm able to post final edits. Major turn-off not to have this capability. I can't even *open* the totally non-functional current smugmug app. Aside from lack of features, it just crashes immediately anyway.

• kjakja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ugh! Frustrated I can't upload my kids' pics taken with my iPad for grandparent to see.

• ShgShg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on smugmug, the absence of this functionality is crazy.

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add this ability to the iPad app and also improve the reliability of the iPhone camera app upload functions as well. Smugmug is great but I will switch my photo hosting to another servive before I switch to an Android tablet.

• Chris MillerChris Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to upload directly to my Smugmug account from my iPad. When I travel, I upload the pictures from my camera to my iPad and it would be great to be able to upload them directly to Smugmug from the iPad.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base