I suggest you ...

PRINT IN AUSTRALIA!

[Admin note: expanding original request to include all requests for printing in Australia, regardless of lab]

Great eco printer: http://finsbury.com.au Beautiful, quality printing! Eco printers in South Australia. I had my catalogues for an art exhibition printed through them a few years ago and they are perfect.
http://finsbury.com.au

490 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    zyonchildezyonchilde shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    LukeLuke shared a merged idea: Australian Print Lab  ·   · 
    Andrew KilburnAndrew Kilburn shared a merged idea: Add printing in Australia as it is to costly and takes to long to arrive from the states  ·   · 
    Beth Beth shared a merged idea: New Photo Lab - Print lab for Australia  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Printing services in Australia Fitzgeralds in WA might be worth talking too  ·   · 
    Tom FewchukTom Fewchuk shared a merged idea: Link with different labs from around the world allowing us to choose our desired lab, not just the few you provide.. and that are only in US  ·   · 
    CarlyCarly shared a merged idea: Find a lab In Australia so as to reduce postage for us over here!!  ·   · 
    CarlyCarly shared a merged idea: Cheaper shipping to Australia  ·   · 
    Leo BonneLeo Bonne shared a merged idea: Lab in Australia  ·   · 
    Andy GarleppAndy Garlepp shared a merged idea: Use Australiam photo labs for printing, so we don't have to wait 3 weeks to get delivery from US. HUGE ISSUE for us in Australia!  ·   · 
    Simon PhillipsSimon Phillips shared a merged idea: To Have a printing service lab over in Austalia  ·   · 
    Tim FrolingTim Froling shared a merged idea: Please get a lab organised in Australia  ·   · 
    Vin GoodieVin Goodie shared a merged idea: Australian Printing  ·   · 
    LauraLaura shared a merged idea: Add a NZD currency and A Lab we can use. Queensbury for example :)  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Establish an Australian processing lab ..  ·   · 
    WerTWerT shared a merged idea: Partner with an Australian pro lab to provide cost / time effective print services to Australia  ·   · 
    Doug PearsonDoug Pearson shared a merged idea: Add International Labs in Australia/NZ/Asia Pacific area  ·   · 

70 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Benjamin DieckmannBenjamin Dieckmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Smugmug team

pls add a german service, too. We have a very great lab which is called "Whitewall" and it delivers to all three german countries (Germany, Switzerland and Austria). www.whitewall.de

Thanks

Benny

• Mark KooperMark Kooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please find a printing partner in Australia. I currently have to off-set my costs to adjust for the huge shipping fee and remain competitive.

• Daniel EatonDaniel Eaton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Such a brilliant service, shot in the foot by a lack of international service.. currently trialing a few services and SmugMug is easily the winner but for this major achilles heel.

Come on smugmug heroes, printing for australia! Surely there's a few printers here who'd come to the party on pricing.

• James GriffithsJames Griffiths commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an Australian printer, when that happens I will happily upgrade to the Business plan. Until then I have no choice but to stick with Zenfolio.

• helenhelen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just signed up with SmugMug Pro. What a brilliant system/platform. I am an artist/art publisher and we have been making our own prints in house for 15 years, from the old etchings, 4 colour process to giclees on canvas. The issue has always been the amount of infrastructure and warehousing one has to have, not to mention multi skilling. SmugMug is a bit like a dream come true, however I have yet to test out the delivery and product consistency to my clients in Australia.

I am hopeful, and the point I have come to after checking the COST PRICES of the items (from an art publishers point of view where we have a pretty high profit margin), it seems VERY viable to offer my customers FREE freight, to keep them from being put off at the 3 week wait and high shipping costs.

We will still do very well. BUT that being said, given we are in West Aust, if we ship a larger canvas (stretched -30x40 inch), to the East states, we are paying what the SmugMug charge is anyway (or my customers are), so its not hugely different. And if you order a custom product from anywhere, I think my customers may be OK with this. However, as I said, I am yet to test it out.

I do think that one could think of it as an opportunity to try to open up ones marketing of their product into USA, but this of course does not apply to those here who are doing photos of weddings etc, where the customer is in Aust. I think I may be the exception. Just the same - I would be interested to know if Smug Mug come up with a partnership with Aussie printers. Maybe some big Aussie printers should be knocking on SmugMugs door. I have a few questions for Aussie users but will put them in a new post.

• ShaneShane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would sign up today if there was an Australia print lab linked to SmugMug. Shootproof seem to manage it.

• ReevesReeves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another great photo product agency is Snapfish (by HP). Or photoPICO (by Canon).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All I received this very honest response from a smugmug hero. Don't hold your breathe...

Hi Jon,

To be honest, there aren't any immediate plans to add an Australian print lab. It is on our list of "to-do's" but I don't think it will be implemented soon. We are flat out dealing with New SmugMug.
        I hope this won't mean you leaving but I don't want to deceive you.

Have a great day,
        Shay,
        SmugMug Support Hero

I've just joined up going to check out zenfolio. This company cannot even respond to this post regarding Australia. This is completely UNAUSTRALIAN....Zenfolio is going to get my money...

• scottscott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think smugmug monitors this feedback system anymore, 3 years and no response.

Does anyone know an australian online photography ecommerce similar to smugmug?

• LukeLuke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was posted in 2010, looks like 3 years waiting so far

• Michael JolliffeMichael Jolliffe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please partner with a lab here in Australia. International shipping prices and times scare off potential customers.

HAPPY 3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY... and still no Australian support.

This was first shared 3 years ago today with no update from SmugMug. Sorry all, but I think SmugMug couldn't give a rats about Australia. Time to look for another provider.

• AllanjwAllanjw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this is still an issue, cmon SM it really can't be that hard to have a print partner in Australia. I have to say Zenfolio is looking more tempting everyday.

• TonyTony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Smugmug,

I think by reading all the previous comments that it is blaringly obvious that a printing partner is needed in Australia. To throw some stats your way, we have an industry revenue in the vicinity of 800 million per annum from the professional photography services sector in Australia, consisting of roughly 6000 registered businesses. This figure is likely to be a lot higher than this, as there are a lot of unregistered sole traders trading under their own names and even more amateurs that are trying to get going. On average we have over 950 businesses operating in the image processing and photographic printing sector, generating on average of 425 million per annum. I realise these figures aren’t anywhere near that of America, but it’s still a worthy market with a good potential for revenue.

By the sounds of it, you have a lot of Australian photographers that would sign up to your service in a heartbeat if you were to partner with an Australian printer/distributor and you could add me to that list as well. Expecting local clients to order their prints from the states and pay a premium is unacceptable and just plain bad for business, not to mention the extra time involved and the impact on the environment. I’m sure you understand this. This forum obviously acts as an ear for your marketing and your Australian friends have spoken. The opportunity is there Smugmug!

In addition, Australia is well positioned for your potential Australian printing partners to service the Asia Pacific region as well, potentially attracting even more photographers to your service, i.e. Tog’s in New Zealand, Indonesia, and surrounding countries in the region.

Something to think about, even though I’m sure you are already thinking about it. However, a note from you guys to let us know you are considering it, or any news on that front would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base