I suggest you ...

PRINT IN AUSTRALIA!

[Admin note: expanding original request to include all requests for printing in Australia, regardless of lab]

Great eco printer: http://finsbury.com.au Beautiful, quality printing! Eco printers in South Australia. I had my catalogues for an art exhibition printed through them a few years ago and they are perfect.
http://finsbury.com.au

544 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    zyonchildezyonchilde shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    LukeLuke shared a merged idea: Australian Print Lab  ·   · 
    Andrew KilburnAndrew Kilburn shared a merged idea: Add printing in Australia as it is to costly and takes to long to arrive from the states  ·   · 
    Beth Beth shared a merged idea: New Photo Lab - Print lab for Australia  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Printing services in Australia Fitzgeralds in WA might be worth talking too  ·   · 
    Tom FewchukTom Fewchuk shared a merged idea: Link with different labs from around the world allowing us to choose our desired lab, not just the few you provide.. and that are only in US  ·   · 
    CarlyCarly shared a merged idea: Find a lab In Australia so as to reduce postage for us over here!!  ·   · 
    CarlyCarly shared a merged idea: Cheaper shipping to Australia  ·   · 
    Leo BonneLeo Bonne shared a merged idea: Lab in Australia  ·   · 
    Andy GarleppAndy Garlepp shared a merged idea: Use Australiam photo labs for printing, so we don't have to wait 3 weeks to get delivery from US. HUGE ISSUE for us in Australia!  ·   · 
    Simon PhillipsSimon Phillips shared a merged idea: To Have a printing service lab over in Austalia  ·   · 
    Tim FrolingTim Froling shared a merged idea: Please get a lab organised in Australia  ·   · 
    Vin GoodieVin Goodie shared a merged idea: Australian Printing  ·   · 
    LauraLaura shared a merged idea: Add a NZD currency and A Lab we can use. Queensbury for example :)  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Establish an Australian processing lab ..  ·   · 
    WerTWerT shared a merged idea: Partner with an Australian pro lab to provide cost / time effective print services to Australia  ·   · 
    Doug PearsonDoug Pearson shared a merged idea: Add International Labs in Australia/NZ/Asia Pacific area  ·   · 

86 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Guys,

I've just joined SM as a Power user, for the second time, and I noticed all your comments about printing. Why can't you just turn that feature off and ask people to email you for an a quote?

My real issue is there lack of a decent Help System. I can't even setup my Home page as yet. Is there a decent manual. The Heros DO NOT KNOW how to convey instructions ina step by step methodical way- They may know the system but a NEWBIE does not! I've wasted so much time over the last 4 days and I'm getting ****** off.

Sorry about the rant

Norm Ford

• jenjen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any word when Smugmug will allow printing in Australia? I thought this was in the plan ages ago and have been patiently waiting for years. The systems are already in place, can you please add a printer such as Nulab!
        Otherwise going to have to change my Smugmug account to Zenfolio :(

come on smug mug, we really need a print fulfilment lab in Australia. Any news on this. We have just done a promotion with some of our US customers, lots of print orders, but when we try to do the local oz market, we get no orders because of the high shipping costs.

• Adam DurstAdam Durst commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need a lab in Australia...or an option that keeps international shipping costs down...current options are making the product uncompetitive.

not sure about international printing...I know the last thing I ordered was actually printed in Indonesia...and shipping was negligible and quick....Labs or products originating in the USA seem to have high cost and slow shipping.

This appears to be deal breaker for me.

For local market especially...I'm best to organise printing and delivery myself.

I'm waiting for an Australian lab to register. A $50 overhead for shipping is not worth considering for me...

Ive mentioned this to Chris McAskill, to make Smugmug Feasable in Australia for expansion , you really need an Australian Printer

• Ben GohBen Goh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How many Australia based users are using Smugmug? Just wondering if the number is large enough to justify printing done in Australia?

• BFBF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously takes 5 years to get a printer in Australia?? Here .. NULABS done! Seriously considering leaving!!

Hi Franky,

how are you? I was just wondering in your past 4 -5 years of experience using Smugmug, did you have clients who end up not buying your images because of the high shipping cost from USA? And how many of them who bought the prints return to buy more regardless of the shipping cost? I haven't switch on the shopping card feature yet as I am still in the process of setting my business. I'm interested in your thoughts on this matter.

Ben

• Franky TsangFranky Tsang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I been using Smugmug since 2010 and they been saying about a printer in AU since then... but, nothing happen...

Is that hard to source a printer down under?

Aaron, thank you for your very quick response. If you have read all the posts in this forum, I think there's a business case here to present to the management. There have been requests from Australian customers since 2010, that's 4 years. Yes, most of the efforts spent a while ago was on the new web site. Now that's it's up and running, I think it's time to consider your Australian customers. You can start "Lean", have one or two Australian printers. Test it out and see how much orders are being generated from Australian potential clients. Otherwise, most people will take Howard's suggestion. I believe having Australian printers are a WIN WIN situation.

It looks like the topic has been on the forum for quite a long time, Australian Printers. Wondering if there's any plan at all to partner with Australian Printers? Most potential customers stop clicking the "Proceed" button once they found out how much the shipping cost from USA to Australia. Please respond, you (smugmug) don't need to have Australian printers by tomorrow, but just wondering IF there is any plan to include them in your business, an ETA would be nice to know.

• Benjamin DieckmannBenjamin Dieckmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Smugmug team

pls add a german service, too. We have a very great lab which is called "Whitewall" and it delivers to all three german countries (Germany, Switzerland and Austria). www.whitewall.de

Thanks

Benny

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base