I suggest you ...

Australian Print Lab

[Admin note: expanding original request to include all requests for printing in Australia, regardless of lab]

Great eco printer: http://finsbury.com.au Beautiful, quality printing! Eco printers in South Australia. I had my catalogues for an art exhibition printed through them a few years ago and they are perfect.
http://finsbury.com.au

668 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    zyonchilde shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

107 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a lab in Australia or the ability to send our files to a lab that we select.
        I have two accounts with smug mug but cannot continue unless you start to look after the Australian users

• Dan Mundy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surely we all pay enough money to Smugmug that they can put some resources into fixing this. Just get it done Smugmug. I'm thinking about leaving.

• Andrew McLean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want to be able to offer prints rather than enabling visitors to purchase and download the file but we desperately need Smugmug to partner with an Australian based print lab so that we can avoid the international shipping charges and associated delays....please.

• Mark Meredith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How difficult can it be for Smugmug to set up a New Zealand/Australian lab for us photographers down here at the bottom of the world? We live among awesome landscapes and need a print lab tied to our Smugmug websites to bring them to the world, or at least our fellow Kiwis and Ozzies. Would you guys in the US want to have your prints ordered from New Zealand? No you wouldn't. It's too expensive! Have heart and sort it out for your loyal Antipodean customers.

I've been with fotomerchant for over a year, it's been a disappointing experience and I really want to move to SM but can't justify the effort without an Australian print lab.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

SmugMug... how many votes does it need? Pleeease partner with an Australian lab!!
        I havent signed up.. yet, & sadly, I wont without an Aust printing option. Your product is awesome, and COULD be perfect for my needs. And it seems every Aussie here agrees, so whats the problem?

• Stephan Bollinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love smugmug, but as most of my clients (who order prints) are in Australia, I will have to (finally) look for another option. Sad, but I've been waiting for long enough.

• Tom Richards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would save on postage for people in this part of the world. ShootProof has this option.

• Simon Sturzaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree here - a local print lab set up in Australia would be a huge bonus for me.
        Another good one is CPL Digital - www.cpldigital.com.au

Everything about smugmug is great.... but no local print option is a massive pain.

Cheers
        Simon

• sooz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My subscription is almost up, looking elsewhere now, can't believe this still hasn't been sorted out after all of these years, such a shame as I love Sumgmug :(

• Deb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've got a customer in a suburb in the same city I live in that's paying more than the product he's purchased in freight and has to wait three weeks for delivery!!

Kids, come on! Have a print service in Australia. We may be only a market of 25 million people but we are a lucrative market. I cannot justify having prints done in Georgia with a freight time of 3 weeks (wtf??) or a cost of more than the print costs (wtf???).
        I love everything about SmugMug. Easy to set up, attitude, costs etc. but you really need to address this.
        I currently have my domain with you but cannot ask clients to wait for a month for prints.
        Cheers,

MB

• Red commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this has become more of a issue with the falling Aussie Dollar and the revision of International Postage rates, is anything being done?

Why such silence? Just give us a straight and honest answer. We entrusted you our most precious goods - our photos and our hopes. So we expect at least that - open and honest position. We are doing business here, aren't we?

1) Are you going to set up a lab in Australia?
        2) When, this year?
        Self fulfillment will also do. At least something to avoid delivery costs overhead.

• Sam Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, how long have you guys been getting this feedback? Looking through the thread it appears to have been consistent feedback for years now. There are a number of labs suggested in this thread - many of which I have used - all of whom would be great options.

I was going to migrate my business to your platform, but without an Australian printer it is simply not worth it.

And to be honest, given this topic has been getting feedback for some time now, without any apparent response, makes me wonder just how customer-focussed you folks really are.

Cannot migrate SmugMug until you have an Australian printer. The Edge is a pro lab in Melbourne that prints constantly for the top photographers in the country including for their competition prints. Brilliant Prints in Brisbane are also an excellent consideration. Please add an Australian printer to get some more Aussie customers.

Just weighing up who to use for my pro website. Sm looks best option but I need an Australian printer or self fulfilment

Added my 3 votes here. No reasonable human would buy a small print with such shipping price. Only digital or big prints (which unfortunately do not occur too often). This really hurts sales.

• David Rook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You mentioned you would have a Australian years ago. My customers are complaining about $50.00 plus postage fees for relatively small orders. The lack of a Australian printer is costing me money.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base