SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a social media feed

You really need to add the ability to show a live social media feed on the site. This is billy basics for any business website, let alone a photographic one.

You guys even have a 'FB Like' Button on your homepage!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Social & Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Action-on-click option to have a slideshow or lightbox open

I would like to see another option in the multiple photo content block - specifically in the "action on click" drop down. It would be nice to be able to use the collage landscape feature and have the ability to choose another option where one can have a mini slideshow or window pop up where a larger version of the selected image can be viewed by the client. I understand that there is currently an option to set up something similar to this would be to open it in a lightbox window. Problem is, I don't want the client/viewer to…

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Content Blocks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • New payment method "Alipay"

Good morning dear all,

I have a business suggestion. I would like to ask your development team to think about including "Alipay" as a payment method.

To the laymen, Alipay is an online payment method which is intetraged in Alibaba, a huge e-commerce portal equivalent to Amazon. It is is some ways better than Paypal as you have in the App a QR scanning tool to pay.

For example, say you want to sell a photo to a chinese customer for a certain price, you can send the QR code with the price to his personal "wallet" and he will…

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Commerce/Selling Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • collection of individual photos from the gallery browser

I want to be able to collect a photo when I'm looking at the large view in the gallery browser. At the moment, you have to do this from the organizer (e.g., via wrench > collect). But these thumbnails are too small to be useful in picking which pics you want to collect. I realize that there is a problem of having to pick the destination for each picture, but you can just have "collect to last target" as the default. All you need is a new menu item on the wrench in the gallery browser:

wrench > collect >…

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Organizing & Curation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Facebook Import

I would like to be able to import photos from facebook in 3 ways:
            1. Import all pictures I've uploaded.
            2. Import all pictures I've been tagged in.
            3. Import pictures from a friends album (so if we've done a trip together and I'm not in every pic, I can get them all at once).

I know that the picures on facebook are terrible terrible quality. But I want them for the memories. Many pictures I'm not sure if I could find now, and it'd be nice to just easily import them all.

0 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Uploading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Maximum Brightness setting in mobile apps

The setting that most miss is one called "Maximum Brightness", which allows people like me who have issues with their eyesight to see the images better. I need the extra brightness when my eyes are tired (which is often) in order to get the clarity and detail that I need.

0 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  SmugMug Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow one-click geotagging in the gallery

The way that geo-tagging works on the legacy SmugMug is so far ahead of how the "new" SmugMug works.

Please put back the single check box on the gallery instead of making us make design changes to every single page we want to show the mapping.

You are supposed to be improving how things work, not making them more time consuming and difficult.

0 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Carousel Block -- Size images based on width, not height

The example carousel webpages look great on my 16x9 computer monitor. But the user experience is not as easy to grasp on a smart phone. Take a look at how the first photo at http://wedding.egualdoniphotography.com/ looks like a cityscape, not a bridal shot unless the user thinks to scroll. Also because the carousel displays based on height, not width: some photos won't ever fully display on the smartphone screen, the edges hang off.

0 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Flag photos as "proof" or "final" and limit actions based on flag

I upload nearly 10,000 pictures in December every year and need those initial uploads to go fairly quickly so I use highly compressed JPEGs for these initial "proof" images. I normally retouch, recrop and otherwise sweeten purchased photos prior to uploading the "final" version with low compression, and then clear it to go to the lab. The problem is digital downloads do not proof delay, so the client gets a lousy quality file until I see the order and then e-mail them a good one directly. Also, images used in greeting cards are not proof-delayed in the same way as…

0 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Image Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Show JibJab-like product preview videos to customers

The product preview videos on SmugMug are awesome. But would there be a way to display them using the actual photo a client is considering? You know how JibJab.com customizes your face into a silly video? What I'm suggesting is a video that generates an example of what this actual photo would look like on the wall of a home or on a desk or shelf.

0 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Ordering/Products to Buy & Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • add high quality and low quality publish options to Lightroom plug-in

It is common practice to initially upload highly compressed images for customer review, and then when purchased, during the proof delay, to re-upload a higher quality version before clearing the order to print. It would be nice to be able to easily choose to upload hi or low quality images without digging into the plug settings. Ideally when you right-click the image to "Mark to Republish" there would be an additional option "Mark to Republish Hi".

0 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Lightroom Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Add OR clause to keywords in Photos Block

Currently, if you choose multiple keywords to be displayed in the Multiple photos content block, it uses an "and" clause, and will only display photos with both keywords. We need the ability to display photos that fit just one of the list of keywords.

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=237365

0 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • 0 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • ADD a simple check box in the Gallery Settings to allow or not allow the site password to open protected galleries.

I have many users that have the Site password. I want these users to be able to view galleries which are also password protected. And I want to give out different gallery passwords only to select users.

It seems to me that if there exists a SITE Password, and users know this password, these users should be able to view all galleries on the site, even Password protected galleries!

Hence I'm requesting the ADDition of a simple check box in the Gallery Settings to allow or not allow the site password to open protected galleries.

I have been given all…

0 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Show a "file modified" date in the Order Details page so we can easily see which photos have received final quality tweaks.

For those that use proof delay it would be a great help to have a "file modified" date in the Order Details page so we can easily see which photos have received final quality tweaks before we clear them to go to the lab.

0 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Commerce/Selling Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Allow tabbing through fields in the Create Gallery dialog.

When in the Lightroom plugin's Create Gallery dialog hitting tab should highlight the next field, which would then allow a keystroke to make a selection from the Theme and Quick Settings pop-ups. Currently tab does nothing. Enabling it would make creation of many galleries much easier. Doing Santa photos I make many dozens of galleries per day, so I need all the help I can get!

0 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Lightroom Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • allow an option-click in the Create Gallery tab to remain in the source window.

I create hundreds of individual galleries, one for each family that visits Santa, and having to navigate back to my source window and find my spot again to choose the pictures for the next gallery takes a chunk of time. It'd be great to have a way to create my new gallery but not switch from my main catalog.

0 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Organizing & Curation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Allow checkout box to match page style

Right now our site uses "light" style. But the check out box is "dark". I'd like to be able to keep these consistant.

0 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      1 2 136 137 138 140 Next →
                                      • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base