SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need to be able to order different pricelists from the same gallery.

I cannot have customers choose "photos from this gallery," because the photos in a gallery have different price lists. That means I am going to have to explain to customers that, even though the site says NOT AVAILABLE, they really are available, but you have to choose them one at a time. This is completely deceptive to the customer. It is crazy to set it this way!

Doesn't seem I can show a photo here.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Ordering/Products to Buy & Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Search button in the mobile app

I would like to see some features in the mobile app. There is actually no way to search for tags/keywords/person etc. This is really annoying if you have thousands of photos which are all properly tagged. Even flickr and the synology ds photo app have this feature (and of course many more) in their app. I think its great that smugmug has an android app, but if this is version 3 and there is so little to do, maybe the apps should get some real love ;)

245 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Started  ·  30 comments  ·  SmugMug Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add ability to create your own versions of Gallery Styles

I would love to be able to create multiple versions of the Gallery Styles that could be used on different pages of the web site. For example, I want to use Gallery Landscape style on all my galleries, but on some of them, I want to show small thumbnails, while on others, to show large thumbnails. Currently, this is not possible.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Gallery Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add a 'Inquire about this image' button on images..

I have had many times when potential clients have come across an image they like but they have no way of inquiring about this image without needlessly having to copy and paste the link into their email software.

This has happened many times and they are always frustrated they can do this... Its so simple and necessary I cant see why it isnt already there?

Thanks

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Multi-select photos for deletion with Control + click

Enable selection of non-sequential photos in a gallery by holding down Control and clicking. This is a common multi-select in operating systems and browsers. Would make it easier to clean up galleries.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Organizing & Curation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Unique sharing link for photos in unlisted galleries

I want to be able to share photo links to individual photos within an unlisted gallery without the unlisted gallery URL (and url key) being part of the image.

Essentially, I would like it to work like sharing on storage sites like OneDrive:

1. I can share the entire folder with a special link. This is the current behavior.

2. I can share a file with its own special link. That link just provides access to the single file and not the containing folder. This doesn't exist today on SmugMug. I don't just want to share the raw image url;…

7 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Social & Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow Sort to Dropbox Upload

The sort order in Dropbox is set to A-Z

The way they appear in Snug Mug is random. Really hard to find the correct folders

After each upload it reverts to root folder

Please add a sort button to Dropbox file view.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • add additional fields (like Caption) to your EXIF display

The exif info displayed when you hit the Info button in the lightbox is extremely limited, considering how many fields EXIF supports. We frequently have professional clients that need specific info in the EXIF - even having a "Comments" field available would be most useful! Plus there are many other fields easily accessable in Lightroom for instance, that might be useful for other photographers.

Thanks!

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • iOS app: Share links to photos instead of the actual photo

If I share the photo with the Share Icon > Mail, it will physically attach the pic into a mail message (and not link to the photo page). This I would like to avoid, as I do not want to send out physical pictures, losing control.
                    Similar if sending to slack or else.

So, what I would like to do is sharing the pic on smugmug, mailing just the LINK (maybe with an inline preview) to someone (flickr is handling it like this).

If I want to send out physical photos - why use smugmug for that, and not my…

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  SmugMug Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You timed this request well! We just launched this exact ability in the Android app (you can either share the photo or share a link). It will be coming soon to the iOS app as well.

In the meantime, when you tap the Share Icon, you can choose “Copy Link”, then open the Mail app, and paste it in. I realize it’s a few extra taps but it’ll hold you over until we’ve added this feature to the iOS app.

• Let me share PHOTO ONLY from the App (not, as happening now, sharing the whole gallery, too)

In the app, by sharing a photo through the sharing If I want to share a photo, I want to share a photo, and not a gallery.
                      If I want to share a gallery, I want to share a gallery.
                      Give me both options, also in the app, this would be the top.
                      If no, just let me share the photo, but don‘t mess it up with the gallery.
                      Galleries are my business, not the receipient‘s.

One hardly ever wants to open the whole gallery when sending a pic from the app.
                      Maye I just want to quickly send a…

3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  SmugMug Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Add/show IPTC sublocation

In Lightroom and other image editing program you can add
                        a 'Sublocation' which is saved in the IPTC sublocation field in exif. This field should be displayed in 'Photo info' popup and be searchable though site wide search.

It would even be more great if this field could be shown with image caption and description.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Image Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Add a Stroke Option to gallery setup dialog

I recently needed help to add a white stroke around my images which are on a dark background. This isolates the images from the background and contributes to the look of my site. Your help crew implemented this using CSS. However CSS is NOT my thing. There should be an option in one of the dialog boxes to specify the color and width of the stroke.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Image Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Integration with smart devices like Amazon Echo show and the forthcoming Google home with screen

I'd like to have an app that shows my smugmug galleries on my Amazon Echo show (and the forthcoming Google Home with screen).

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • create an option where a price list can use their own lab rather than one provided by Smug Mug.

Having an option where a custom price list can select their own lab would help with the lengthy shipping times associated with U.S. labs for Canadian customers

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                0 comments  ·  Ordering/Products to Buy & Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Shortcode formatting

I understand that Smugmug templates uses content widgets to create and arrange site content (gallery, text, image, menu, etc)

However, there are times when I need to display content in something other than a block of text. A table for price lists is one such example.

It would be nice to have shortcodes available to be able to format text within a text widget. Kind of what Wordpress uses for formating content on a page. Do you want a table? Add the appropriate shortcodes and your content and the back end formats the appropriate HTML code. Need collapsible sections? Add…

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • android automatic upload

Your current auto upload feature really needs to be improved ASAP or I will likely move all my photos and videos to Google Photos unlimited storage forever. The only reason keeping me with SmugMug is that my pictures/videos are in full resolution.

The current auto-upload only allows the pics to be uploaded to one album with a 5000 photos/videos limit.

What I recommend you do is automatically create folders by device-name/& date so each day it automatically creates a new album & and puts them in a monthly folder.

This way all I have to do is go into each…

7 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  SmugMug Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • apple tv Smugmug app zoom like Lightroom CC app

Currently the only app that has a nice way to zoom in the pictures is Lightroom CC, i'd love if Smugmug app could have the same functionality, it really adds a lot when you can zoom in on a pic on apple tv in 4k

2 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Add more "look and feel" customization features to the Apple TV app

The Apple TV app has no flexibility as to how images/galleries/folders display. The upper half of the screen is a large "cover" image, and the bottom half of the display is tiled images/galleries with a 2:1 (I think) aspect ratio. This aspect ratio results in crops of both horizontal and vertical oriented images that chops off the upper part of the image to the point that well composed images of people tend to look awful.

It would be nice to choose the display format (SmugMug, Collage, etc.,) just as one can on the web version.

I would not be necessary…

3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • after doing a keyword search or selection, I would like to be able to organize the order of the images.

I would like to be able to organize the order of the images that come up in a keyword search. I would also like to gather those images into a new gallery.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Improve EZ print cards

I am very disappointed with the EZ print card options. You are only offering two sizes for end customers, 4x8 and 5x7. Why not offer all the sizes that are available to site owners, and I assume to the general public? Then, there is no way to adjust the size on the card. Finally, no way to add text to the back of the card. I tried to order cards and will try no longer.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  Ordering/Products to Buy & Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base