SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need mobile app access to more security settings

mobile version needs to allow more access to security setting so that we can disable “show owner”.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Privacy & Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • add an option to remove the "happy photo" and smiley after upload

because I recently uploaded photographs of a funeral. Nothing happy there. In addition, the smiley feels intrusive even if I upload normal photos.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • allow subsites

My Phanfare photo site allowed me to easily create subsites, discreet, viewing pages with no breadcrumbs up the ladder to my main site. Vital for me, as I use my photo site for both family and professional purposes, with lots of photos shared between each.

Since migrating to SmugMug over a year ago, I'm unable to easily set up this important facet of my site. And while I've found work-arounds, it's enervating having to trick SmugMug into allowing me to do what I need to do with my site.

I've written this suggestion before, as have others. Without the addition…

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Organizing & Curation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • need a better watermark editing

hallo,
          i would like a better watermark manager and organizer.

i spent two days making lot of wm samples.

I needed a certain time to understand that the tuto showing 1600x200px fullscreen moonriver wm needed to be applied for small wm too even if the logo is 200x200px size. Hero gave me a link to a tuto with a small logo.

For my X2 landscape pictures a 1600x200px 80pts mistral white text right aligned at 10px distance from border seems ok.
          However when there is a frame, we need an offset of 70px approx to have signature inside frame. this…

0 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Commerce/Selling Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • browsing between pages in the customizer

hallo,
            it would be nice to have a listbox of pages in the customizer so we can switch between pages.
            currently we need to exit customizer, publish, select another page and launch again the customizer.

best regards
            marc

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • To keep existing menus and their content when changing the whole site design.

For example, I want to change my site design from a Ludwig based one, to a Nix based one. But I have to create and set up all my menus and their corresponding pages all over again. The menus and their pages should be able to be saved or not altered when switching site designs.

8 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Customization  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Make it easier to add multiple photos to a print package

I would like to be able to select multiple boxes at once and add one photo for the boxes that I select. Right now you have to click each box and then choose a photo. If you have 20 4x6's, you have to click each box and then choose a photo, so you have to do it 20 times instead of choosing multiple boxes and filling them with one photo. We should be able to hold shift and select multiple boxes and then choose a photo to fill the boxes that are selected. If you have a package that has…

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Ordering/Products to Buy & Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Add the option to purchase A size prints from the shopping cart

I have commercial clients who would like the option of purchasing paper prints in A sizes. It would be very helpful if this could be added as N option to the shopping cart!

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Ordering/Products to Buy & Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Right mouse button for commands

It would be really helpful if you all would put a lot of your commands under the right mouse button as that is where experienced Windows users expect to find them.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  SmugMug Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Generate downloadable csv file for My Order Receipts for Pro Members

Pro members often initiate larger orders from multiple clients.

While the orders can be viewed under Account Settings/Me/Receipts, there is no way to download the listing as a csv file to track for accounting purposes. Please add this feature to be generated for a specific date range for both summary and full detail listing.

4 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Stats & Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Enhance your API or allow folder syncing from our computers

Today you allow to drag and drop a folder and the subfolders are created as galleries.

We need a way to be able to select a folder in our local computers (Mac and PC) and that the whole folder structure gets synced to SmugMug.

Folders need to get created as folders. If the next level is a folder with pictures the this needs to be created as a gallery.
                        If the second subfolder is just a folder then it should be created as a folder too, this way the file structure would be respected.

We need this so we can…

10 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Uploading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Lightroom Plugin should watch for changes in IPTC Headline field

SmugMug correctly displays the information from the IPTC Headline field as an image title on websites, and the SmugMug publish plugin synchronizes this field when an image is re-published.

However, the SmugMug Lightroom publish plugin doesn’t automatically mark photos to be re-published when the Headline field is changed. It does this only for the ITPC Title, Caption, and Keywords.

For context:

This seems like an oversight that was easy to make because Lightroom doesn't show the Headline field in the default metadata view.

So why not just rely on the Title field? Well, the Headline field is often more appropriate,…

6 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Lightroom Plugin  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • create an automatic Download PIN and expiration date

It would be so helpful to be able to SHARE a gallery with the push of a button that creates a template of the gallery to be emailed to client. Also to auto generate a download PIN so that i do not have to remember and create a new one each time for each gallery. It then expires on the date I ask it to expire. Also want to collect emails from those guests that are on my clients galleries as a guest so that i can use their email as part of my email list.

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Downloading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Offer specifically Facebook-size Downloads

I would like to see a size in "all sizes" that is specifically suited to Facebook's preferred image sizes.

Many of my clients wish to post their images to Facebook and as we all know FB compresses and destroys image quality of any image posted that doesn't conform to their very specific size (2048 along the longest edge)

In "all sizes" could be have a size that conforms to this?

6 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Allow Sort to Dropbox Upload

The sort order in Dropbox is set to A-Z

The way they appear in Snug Mug is random. Really hard to find the correct folders

After each upload it reverts to root folder

Please add a sort button to Dropbox file view.

7 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • show a different image when hovering over a menu item

Can you add a feature so that when you hover over a menu item, a different image related to that menu item is displayed instantly? An example is: www.ezequiel-scagnetti.com

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • alt-text

Add a section to include alt-text for accessibility purposes

6 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Image Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Integration with smart devices like Amazon Echo show and the forthcoming Google home with screen

I'd like to have an app that shows my smugmug galleries on my Amazon Echo show (and the forthcoming Google Home with screen).

9 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • vertical menu should scroll like a gallery scrolls

I use a vertical menu on the left and it does not scroll until someone reaches the bottom of the gallery on the right hand side. This is so bad that I suspect it is a bug. The menu should scroll whenever someone puts a mouse on it, just like the gallery on the right.

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for writing in about this Art. It does sound like more of a technical issue, if I’m understanding you correctly. I pulled up your site and took a look. Are you referring to the “lag/delay” of the menu’s response when scrolling? Please let me know. If that’s the case, I’ll close this as a feature request, and file it as a bug to our engineers instead.

Thanks,
                                          Evan (Product Manager)

• gallery with different links and different settings without the need to create 2 galleries with different settings with the same photos

It would be Great to be able with just only one gallery create links with different settings for instance: One with download activated and another without possibility to download, just for viewing without having to create two galleries with the same photos with different settings instead just using the same gallery and what would change was just the links that would be different and would have different settings for the same gallery.

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base