SmugMug

Welcome to SmugMug’s official Feature Request page. Got suggestions or feature requests? We want to hear from you!

If you’re looking for support or help, please email our Support Heroes at http://help.smugmug.com/customer/portal/emails/new.

Before submitting a new idea please search through the existing ideas. If you find it, add your vote to let us know how badly you want the feature!

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Generate downloadable csv file for My Order Receipts for Pro Members

Pro members often initiate larger orders from multiple clients.

While the orders can be viewed under Account Settings/Me/Receipts, there is no way to download the listing as a csv file to track for accounting purposes. Please add this feature to be generated for a specific date range for both summary and full detail listing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Stats & Tracking  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Add keyboard shortcuts used during image viewing

The existing shortcuts are great. I'd love to see a few more to be used while moving through viewing images in a gallery:

"i" to toggle the Info display on and off (already requested, I see)

"f" to select "Fit" view.

"c" to toggle captions on and off.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Gallery Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • two way sync with dropbox

I use Smugmug's Folders and Galleries to organize photos and videos by date and occasion, and make an attempt to have the SmugMug file structure mirrored by the file structure on my PC in a Folder (with many subfolders), called "Organized Photos". However it is vastly easier to organize photos on SmugMug because of the ability to see the results, than on the PC. In order to keep organized, I have "shoeboxes" on my PC (often in Dropbox too) which are folders into which scans and camera pics are put as they occur, then migrated and organized in SmugMug, and…

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Organizing & Curation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Integration with smart devices like Amazon Echo show and the forthcoming Google home with screen

I'd like to have an app that shows my smugmug galleries on my Amazon Echo show (and the forthcoming Google Home with screen).

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Skip Duplicates for Folder Uploading

It sucks to have to delete 60+ folders (or a majority of folder), then have to upload them again, watermark them again, then make them public. Time is of the essence when people want to view and order their photos. Both of us lose sales when people cant see/order their photos.

4 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Uploading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Create a shortcut to the end of a gallery

I love the Up arrow that you've created to get back to the top of a gallery, but it would be awesome for you to create a Down arrow to take you to the end of a long gallery instantly. As of now, you have to scroll and wait, scroll and wait, etc.

Thanks for your great website. SmugMug is awesome!

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Support iOS Live Photos

Support the viewing of Apple iOS Live Photos as Live Photos. Today, a live photo is imported as a static image.

72 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  6 comments  ·  Uploading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • An idea to help users apply custom watermarks to their images

Is there a way to widen the dropdown list that displays when trying to add watermarks in a gallery. I have several watermarks (almost 60) and it would be nice to give more descriptive names if that dropdown was wider. Right now it only show roughly 10 0r 12 characters; 30 characters or so would be so much better for me.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Image Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Shopping cart

Please go back to where we can order multiple sizes without having to go back to gallery. It was so easy when we could do it in shopping cart.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Maybe don't do updates to the site during North American working hours?

The subject says it all. Why are the changes being made while people need the site to work?

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Forever Albums

Allow users an option to pay a 'forever fee' to house photo albums. It could be done a payment plan for a certain amount of GB or TB amount.

Someday when I am gone (I'm only 57 so I hope I have many more years) the photos will not just disappear into the abyss after I have tireless worked to scan photos from over 60 albums my mother lovingly put together for myself and my 5 siblings and our children and grandchildren. She is gone now and I've been 'tasked' with making sure the photos are shared but once scanned…

34 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          3 comments  ·  Subscription/Account  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • studioninja intergration

Would it be possible if you can work with Studio Ninja which is a CRM for photographers.
                          They have an online form, can you allow them to embed their form or you both create an API to integrate so we can embed their form to our websites.
                          Why?
                          Because when a potential client fills out the form on my website, it automatically integrates with my studioninja crm and the whole workflow is then activated on my side at a touch of a button.

thanks

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • "PROFILE PHOTO" serves too many purposes for just one image

We need to have two different "profile photos". One is a picture of ourselves which gets used where a very tiny icon is needed. The other is large, it's used in social media when our URL is presented such as on the Facebook timeline. Right now I CANNOT USE MY OWN BUSINESS URL ON MY OWN FACEBOOK TIMELINE BECAUSE IT JUST SHOWS A PHOTO OF ME!

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Site Look & Feel  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Need to be able to order different pricelists from the same gallery.

I cannot have customers choose "photos from this gallery," because the photos in a gallery have different price lists. That means I am going to have to explain to customers that, even though the site says NOT AVAILABLE, they really are available, but you have to choose them one at a time. This is completely deceptive to the customer. It is crazy to set it this way!

Doesn't seem I can show a photo here.

7 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Ordering/Products to Buy & Sell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Search button in the mobile app

I would like to see some features in the mobile app. There is actually no way to search for tags/keywords/person etc. This is really annoying if you have thousands of photos which are all properly tagged. Even flickr and the synology ds photo app have this feature (and of course many more) in their app. I think its great that smugmug has an android app, but if this is version 3 and there is so little to do, maybe the apps should get some real love ;)

243 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  33 comments  ·  SmugMug Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Recently we launched Search in our Android app, which allows you to search for keywords, folder names, galleries, title, captions, and more from within the app. You can scope your search to specific galleries, search your all your photos in your SM account, or search other customers that you follow (or those that follow you can search).

I’m marking this as Partially Completed since our iOS app doesn’t have search yet. Search in iOS is coming – stay tuned!

• Add ability to create your own versions of Gallery Styles

I would love to be able to create multiple versions of the Gallery Styles that could be used on different pages of the web site. For example, I want to use Gallery Landscape style on all my galleries, but on some of them, I want to show small thumbnails, while on others, to show large thumbnails. Currently, this is not possible.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Create an up to upload (edited versions) photos from ON1 Photo Raw

I could stop using Lightroom CC if there was an app to upload edited photos from ON1 Photo Raw. If it worked the same way the app works in LR CC, that would be great.

8 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Uploading  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Add a 'Inquire about this image' button on images..

I have had many times when potential clients have come across an image they like but they have no way of inquiring about this image without needlessly having to copy and paste the link into their email software.

This has happened many times and they are always frustrated they can do this... Its so simple and necessary I cant see why it isnt already there?

Thanks

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Multi-select photos for deletion with Control + click

Enable selection of non-sequential photos in a gallery by holding down Control and clicking. This is a common multi-select in operating systems and browsers. Would make it easier to clean up galleries.

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Organizing & Curation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Unique sharing link for photos in unlisted galleries

I want to be able to share photo links to individual photos within an unlisted gallery without the unlisted gallery URL (and url key) being part of the image.

Essentially, I would like it to work like sharing on storage sites like OneDrive:

1. I can share the entire folder with a special link. This is the current behavior.

2. I can share a file with its own special link. That link just provides access to the single file and not the containing folder. This doesn't exist today on SmugMug. I don't just want to share the raw image url;…

7 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Social & Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base