I suggest you ...

Allow us to have a say before you give our clients unnecessary refunds

I would like to request that when my customers contact SmugMug in regards to their orders, that I am notified first before decisions are made by SmugMug to give them refunds. I have now had thousands of dollars of profits refunded to my clients, when I could have taken care of the situation and avoided the need for a refund. I would like a note put on my account to notify me of client contact before a refund is given. I understand your “satisfaction guarantee”, but am frustrated that you are dealing with my clients and not allowing me to work through the situation to consider MY satisfaction as YOUR client.

So far in the last 3 weeks you've given a refund to one client who decided she just didn't want the prints a full day after she put the order through and I approved it, having spent hours doing the special edits to what she ordered and prepping the order to go through your system. Another refund was given to a client who pretended that she didn't receive the prints in the mail so that she didn't have to pay for them, after I had seen them in her home. Do these sound like situations to you where you should have refunded $1600 of my business income? I understand giving a refund to someone who receives a PROVEN unsatisfactory product, but so far I've seen none of that. Just money taken from my business with no regard to who your actual client is. If this situation can't be remedied, I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)